Lentils & Rice Salad
4 portions / Preparation time: 45′
- 150 g risotto rice, boiled in water
- 200 g lentils, boiled in water, oil, bay leaves & red onion
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. sliced olives
- 2 spring onions, the white part
- green and red bell peppers
- balsamic vinegar for sprinkling
- sauce: 5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, garlic, parsley, a chili pepper, oregano
Fill a pot with water, boil the rice (according to package instructions) and then simmer until the rice is tender. Drain the rice, return it to the pot, and let it cool before you mix it with the lentils.
Place lentils in a pot and add water to cover by 3″. Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 bay leaves and 1 red onion and boil the lentils according to package instructions. Drain the lentils and let them cool before you mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
Add the olives and the chopped onion to the rice and lentils.
In a blender put the chili pepper, garlic, olive oil, parsley, oregano and blend them well.
Add the mix to a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients.
Add a little more chopped parsley, the cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper.
Stir well and drizzle with olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.